Monday, March 06, 2006

A Coshocton Celebration: National Frozen Food Day


Thank you Clarence Birdseye for your innovation. While I don't eat your products during midnight freezer raids, I do praise the frozen mannah within my freezer. You'll never know the joy of a White Castle's cheese slyder, Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk, or TGI Friday's Southwestern Egg Roll...well, because your ashes were scattered in the ocean in 1956, but nonetheless, I thank you for your industriousness (is that a word?). You singlehandedly are responsible for the fast food industry. Without your foresight and innovations, we would still be sitting in greasy spoon cafeterias and slophouses, and eegad, there would be no drive through cuisine.

By the way Clarence, your frozen food innovations did garner a presidential proclamation by none other than the Gipper himself (okay, he wasn't the real Gipper, but played him in a B movie): In presidential proclamation number 5157, President Ronald Reagan said: "Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim March 6, 1984, as Frozen Food Day, and I call upon the American people to observe such day with appropriate ceremonies and activities."

So, here's to it, Clarence (hoisting an ice cream bar skyward)...give me a C...give me an L...give me an A...give me an....

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0