Friday, July 07, 2006

Coshocton Celebrates International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month

Sometimes, I don't know how holidays/celebrations begin, but who wouldn't benefit from having a holiday celebration named after them. I'm lobbying my wife for a holiday recognizing CTCN and moi (smirk-ed).

Anyway, to the task at hand, July is International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month. Here's a band who achieved superstardom after years of playing crappy clubs and small shows. Through it all, they kept refining their sound and sharpening their songwriting skills. The hard work paid off and they marched to the toppermost of the poppermost.

By the way, watch this video of Blondie and see if you can guess who was influenced by Debbie Harry.

Oh, one more thing. Deborah Harry just celebrated her birthday July 1. I hope I look that good when I'm 61.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0