Tuesday, August 15, 2006

How to Lie Without Being Caught
and How to Catch People Lying

I guess you could call this a "both sides of the coin" post.

While I'm not one to advocate lying, a thought occurred to me. Perhaps, those who toil inside the Beltway should bone up on their lying skills. While lying has always been a fact of Washington politics, the brazen lying by today's politicians astounds me. With lying, you get corruption. With corruption, you get a higher tax bill and a bigger deficit. If you want to become a superior liar and beat a lie detector, here's how.

On the coin's other side, you should know how to catch people lying. You can observe facial expressions, eye movement, and sweating to ferret out untruths. Of course, you can yell "Liar, liar, pants on fire" and watch how a person reacts. I wonder what Tony Snow would say if Helen Thomas used that phrase?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, not just one good article, but several.

I would read the "Calling in Sick" section. Also "How to Spot a Liar" which I passed on to several of my co-workers. Since they have to deal with the public more than I.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0