Tuesday, August 08, 2006

100 Most Often Mispronounced Words and Phrases in English

Occassionally, as I flit about the community and listen to everyday conversation, I detect numerous word mispronunciations. Often, I've thought, short of teaching English as a second language, "How can I help?"

In an effort to help scrub up the community locution, I submit to "you uns", the readers of CTCN, a list of 100 most often mispronounced words in English.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not an elitist. As I perused the list, I was horrified to see a handful of words of which I verbally slaughter.

So, today I'll study and practice these 100 words. For CTCN readers, feel free to print off the list and share it with a significant other, friend, or neighbor.

read more digg story

By the way, once you've completed the above list, you can head over to the 100 most often misspelled words in English. I can hear you grumbling, "I want to be entertained...not go to school." There's plenty of time for news and entertainment. Read the list and I promise to post a funny video for you later today.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0